Fun Dental Facts – Did You Know?
We all are aware that Dentistry is not a joke, and daily oral hygiene is an utmost priority. But there are several fun dental facts which can bring a smile on your face. Let us throw some light on a few such fun facts.
- 14 million gallons of toothpaste is bought every year by Americans.
- 48% of young adults have removed their photos from Facebook because of their smile.
- During the middle ages, one had to kiss a donkey if you had a toothache.
- The hardest structure in the human body is the tooth enamel.
- Around 25% of American adults possess no teeth at all.
- The average person generates 100,000 gallons of saliva over the course of their lifetime.
- The process of teeth formation begins once we are born.
- All the Expectant mothers who have poor oral hygiene are 7 times more likely to deliver low birth and premature babies.
- The first bristled toothbrush was made in China from the hair of hogs, horses, and badgers.
- An apple a day may keep the doctor away, but it can also make 3 times more likely to develop dental decay.
- Due to dental-related illnesses, kids miss 51 million school hours.
- There are more bacteria in the human mouth than people on Earth.
- Adults laugh only 15 times a day, while kids laugh around 400 times.
- In North America, over 3 million miles of dental floss are bought every year.
- In earlier times, the Romans used a mixture of eggshells, bones, oyster shells, and honey to clean their teeth.
- A snail’s mouth can contain over 25,000 teeth, though it is just like a head of a pin.
- In the 1800s, barbers and blacksmiths also served as dentists.
- The most valuable tooth in history belonged to Sir Isaac Newton. In 1816, one of his teeth was sold for $3,633.00.
- Mosquitoes have 47 teeth.
The Dental Team in Brookfield, CT, will provide you with family-like treatment. With so many years of experience, the dentist near you in 06804 will solve any kind of dentistry issues.